This week marks the release of Citizen: An American Lyric (Graywolf Press), the latest book by our keynote speaker, Claudia Rankine. In the weeks leading up to Concussions, Commotions, and Other Aesthetic Disorders, we will list below some of the recent news pieces, features, and reviews discussing Rankine and her work.
- The New Yorker: On Being Seen: An Interview with Claudia Rankine from Ferguson (08/22)
- NPR: Claudia Rankine’s Citizen long-listed for the National Book Award (09/16)
- BOMB Magazine: A Conversation Between Claudia Rankine and Lauren Berlant (09/21)
- LA Times: Claudia Rankine ruminates on the body politic in Citizen (10/09)
- Slate: Blackness visible: a review of Citizen (10/09)
- NPR: Claudia Rankine’s Citizen short-listed for the National Book Award (10/15)
- The New Yorker: Color Codes (10/27)